Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Peony (2): 25-03-2015


Peony (2)
watercolor pencil on paper
25-03-2015

I darkened the colors in this piece from yesterday. It looks better but still needs something. The watercolor pigments didn't blend very well.

Last night, I attended a watercolor pencil, pastel, and charcoal demo at my local, independent art store. It was great. Lots of technique tips and free samples. In addition, I won the door prize because it was almost my birthday. Set of 24 watercolor pencils from Kimberly/General Pencil Company. I was very excited.

Kathi Hanson, the artist and demonstrator, had high energy and lots of tips. One of the best ones was to make a watercolor pencil palette for on the go. Just take a sheet of 90# plain paper and lay down pigment from your pencils. When you get to where you are going, you can simply wet the pigment with your brush and you are ready to paint!

Here is a photo of hers: 

No comments:

Post a Comment