Saturday, January 10, 2015

B is for Belle: 10-01-2015


B is for Belle
pencil and watercolor
10-01-2015

I am in a two-day art workshop this weekend called '26 Letters'. We are working with one capital letter and doing some fun things with it and also some other text. This is a quick one I did that is a work in progress. Perhaps I will add some 'illumination' or perhaps I will leave it as is. I do like the colors. 

The instructor convinced me to buy good quality watercolor paints (I was just using tubes that came in beginner's sets). 
These are the three she suggested I buy:


I wish they would just name them red, yellow, and blue. There are so many choices! I was glad she was there to guide me. We are working with a palette limited to these three and having fun mixing our own colors. It is amazing what combinations some in the class come up with. 

2 comments:

  1. Yay for M. Graham paints. I have quite a few of them. I've heard from several teachers that it's better to buy the artist's quality paints. They're not that expensive (compared to some things, anyway). You'll have to let me know what you think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am learning that paint is like food...use the best ingredients for the best results.

      Delete