Friday, January 16, 2015

Classical Pose: 16-01-2015


Classical Pose
watercolor pencil on paper
16-01-2015

This is another image from the Quick and Clever Watercolor Pencil book by Charles Evans. Per his instructions, I sketched in the figure and first filled in the blue background leaving the 'negative space' of the woman. Working from the outside in.

It's funny how I see things in the photo that I don't always see in the original...such as that mess on the edges on the left side of the blue wash/background. I think I can go in and smooth that out. 

I don't do many figure studies. I am pretty happy with how this turned out even though her right shoulder has been overworked. I couldn't quite get the curve.  Actually, in the example in the book, the blue background didn't go around her entire body like I have it. The area behind her shoulders and head was left white.

2 comments:

  1. I like this one, Belle--you did a good job. I don't often do people, and know that's something to work on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Kathy. I like that I didn't have to deal with facial features. And the shadowing of the drape next to the figure was interesting to work on.

      Delete