Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Meditation Lake: 20-01-2015


Meditation Lake
watercolor pencil on paper
20-01-2015

This is another exercise from Quick and Clever Watercolor Pencils. In morning meditation I have been envisioning the calmness of still water. And then this image showed up in the book. I am happy with the shadings and contours of the mountain. The sky, however, looks bruised and not what I was going for. The dark green blob on the right is supposed to be the bank. Once again, the photo shows up many flaws.  

2 comments:

  1. I like your purple sky--but I completely get the "not what I was going for." Watercolors and wc pencils are not easy to work with. I'm impressed with the amount of blending and layering you've been able to do with the pencils.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am beginning to see that the pencils do well for small areas that call for some definition whereas I do better with the paints in larger areas...such as a sky or a lake. Perhaps I will combine the two next time. Thanks for your comments.

      Delete